Thursday, April 12, 2007

IMUS CANNED (WILL HE EVER BE BACK?)

I can't get the story to load, but I can read the headline: Imus just lost his radio gig.

I see from comments to earlier posts that a lot of you think he'll be back soon. I agree, it's possible (I could see a show like his back to back with Fox's Red Eye)....

But then again, maybe not. I'm thinking of two previous badasses whose career momentum came to a screeching halt: Morton Downey Jr. (after his syndicated TV show was canceled) and Andrew "Dice" Clay (after the controversy surrounding his SNL appearance). Neither one could ever climb back to the top of the heap. If the whole point of your act is that you're a badass and then you get brought down to size, your whole myth has been destroyed. You lost your alpha-dog status; your nasty barbs no longer inspire fear. You've been defanged.

I could be wrong, but I think that might be Imus's fate.

No comments: