Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I GET TO COMPARE PEOPLE TO ELIMINATIONIST DICTATORS. YOU DON'T.

...once somebody says, "Bush is Hitler," that isn't the beginning of a conversation, that ends the conversation. (There's a) chapter in the book, which is kind of funny, (where) Alec Baldwin is... (compared by his wife) to Saddam Hussein. And Alec Baldwin said, “I'm not Saddam Hussein, I don't kill people, I don't do what Saddam Hussein does", and I make the point in the book that Alec Baldwin is right. He has every right to say, "I'm not Saddam Hussein." Then I said, "Alec, now go out and show that same outrage with your Hollywood friends who call George Bush Adolph Hitler."

--Bernard Goldberg, author of Bias, discussing his new book Crazies to the Left of Me, Wimps to the Right at Right Wing News today

In fact, instead of seeming like a modern Hitler, ... Mr. Ahmadinejad came across as, well, a fairly typical, run-of-the-mill liberal. I listened carefully as he laid out his position on the war in Lebanon and on the Bush policy in Iraq, and I could not detect any significant difference between his views and those held by a lot of blue-state liberals, especially the liberal intellectuals on our college campuses. "Killing innocents is reprehensible," he told Mike Wallace. "Why are Americans killing Iraqis?" he asked. Hey, I just heard the same thing on Air America.

--Bernard Goldberg discussing a 60 Minutes interview of Mahmoud Ahmedinejad, Wall Street Journal, August 15, 2006

No comments: