Sunday, December 16, 2007

SUN RISES IN EAST; BEAR CRAPS IN WOODS; LIEBERMAN ENDORSES REPUBLICAN

Lieberman endorsed McCain? Wow, I'm so shocked.

Oh, please -- more than a year ago I predicted that Lieberman would be McCain's running mate if McCain wins the nomination, and I think that was a pretty good prediction. I think McCain is certain to lose the nomination fight, however -- I don't care how many endorsements he got in the past week, too many voters in his party hate his stances on campaign finance and immigration, as well as his past rejection of the Bush tax cuts and disrespect for fundie preachers (and if he really wanted to win the GOP nomination, he should have begged The Boston Globe not to endorse him) -- but when that happens, Lieberman will absolutely endorse the eventually GOP nominee (even if it's Huckabee). And as I've said many times before, I fully expect Lieberman to make a prime-time speech at the Republican convention next year.

No comments: