Monday, May 19, 2008

KRISTOL THE HACK TRIES TO DECEIVE US AGAIN

William Kristol, in his New York Times column today:

On Tuesday night, while the G.O.P. Congressional candidate was losing in a Mississippi district George Bush carried in 2004 by 25 points, Barack Obama was being trounced in the West Virginia Democratic primary -- by 41 points. I can't find a single recent instance of a candidate who ultimately became his party's nominee losing a primary by this kind of margin.

Er, John McCain lost this year's Arkansas primary to Mike Huckabee by 41 points.

Oh, and Jimmy Carter lost the 1976 California primary to Jerry Brown by 39 points.

And on March 7, 2000, John McCain beat George W. Bush in Massachusetts by 32 points, in Rhode Island by 33, and in Vermont by 35.

I guess Kristol just somehow couldn't "find" these.

Or, more likely, he used the weasel-phrase "I can't find" (rather than "There hasn't been") because he'd uncovered the facts but had no intention of letting them prevent him from catapulting the Obama's-a-loser propaganda, his plan being, once he was caught, to simply say, "Whoops! My bad! I guess I missed that in my painstaking research!"

Hackwork at its worst.

****

UPDATE: Whoops -- I skipped this year's Utah GOP primary: Romney over McCain by 85 points.

No comments: