Wednesday, June 18, 2008

RIGHT-WING LOGIC: YOU'RE WRONG, AS DEMONSTRATED BY THE FACT THAT YOU'RE RIGHT

A post by James Antle at The American Spectator's blog:

Over at The Corner, there's some discussion of this pretentious passage in a -- believe it or not -- Andrew Greeley column: "How many of the male readers of this column who are habitues of bars, locker rooms, commuter train bull sessions, pool rooms and men's clubs have not heard the indigenous racial slurs of such environments applied to Obama?"

I don't spend much time in locker rooms or "commuter train bull sessions," but I have on occasion been seen in bars. I confess that yes, I have heard racial slurs used against Obama in a few such venues. I'm not sure, however, that this confirms much besides my rule that politics shouldn't be discussed in bars.


Follow that? Greeley says racism manifests itself in certain places, which proves it still exists, and Antle says, yes, it does manifest itself in those places, which proves that you should stick your fingers in your ears and say LA LA LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING when you're in those places.

Right. Got it.

No comments: