Tuesday, November 10, 2009

LET'S SEE HOW THIS GOES OVER

It's after the fact, but I think the spirit of this Politico piece by California congresswoman Lynn Woolsey is more or less what Aimai was calling for on Sunday. (UPDATE: Actually, it's not -- see what Aimai says in comments.)

Lynn Woolsey: IRS should scrutinize bishops

I expect political hardball on any legislation as important as the health care bill.

I just didn't expect it from the United States Council of Catholic Bishops (USCCB).

Who elected them to Congress? ...

The IRS is less restrictive about church involvement in efforts to influence legislation than it is about involvement in campaigns and elections.

Given the political behavior of USCCB in this case, maybe it shouldn't be.


I said my piece in the comments to Aimai's post. I've got nothing to add now. I'll be curious to see how this is received.

No comments: