Wednesday, October 27, 2010

DOES ERICK ERICKSON* NEED TO TAKE AN EYE TEST?
*(Oops -- sorry, I mean "RedState Insider")


(UPDATE: Yes, Donald Douglas, you're right -- Erickson isn't the bylined author on this one. So what I atrribute to him below should be attributed to "RedState Insider." Erickson, however, is the site's editor, and I await his decision to take responsibility as editor for the incorrect content of the post.)

Yes, another post about Erick Erickson. This time, he's telling us about shocking! new video that purports to debunk anti-Rand Paul protestor Lauren Valle's version of the recent curb-stomping incident. Erickson quotes the account of the incident Valle gave to Keith Olbermann on Countdown:

...And as Rand’s car pulls up they step in front of me and start to block me so I stepped off the curb to try and get around them and at that point they pursued me around the car, chased me around the car, and what you see in the video is when I’m in the front of the car and that’s when I’m pulled down and then my head is stomped on.

Then Erickson posts some new video of what happened just before the curb-stomping incident and writes:

This video was sent to RedState by an anonymous witness at the event. It shows what Valle was doing when the Paul supporters grabbed her. No one chased her around the car. She was never in front of the car.

Really, Erick? Want to put money on that?

Here's your video:



Why, what is it that I see from :53 to :56? It's a woman with blond hair and red clothing holding a sign and running in front of the car. Here's a still:


And what do we see in the now-famous video of the stomping?



Why, it's Lauren Valle wearing red and having her blond wig pulled off.

Thanks for playing, Erick.

Erick, of course, will continue to insist that Valle was a menace -- yes, as the new video shows, she did try to thrust her mock-award into Paul's car.

I guess the Paulbots thought it might be a gun with really, really flat bullets in it.

****

AND: Donald Douglas might want to make an appointment with an optician as well.

****

BUT: Barbara at the Mahablog can see just fine.

No comments: