Friday, December 24, 2010

'BYE! HAVE A GUN-GRABBER-DEFYING CHRISTMAS!


... Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm

Okay, I hear what you’re saying. "Hey! That's not a kid's gun!" Well, not specifically a kid's gun, but it certainly can be. My 14-year-old son shoots one all the time and maintains a 2-inch group at 20 feet. His hands are smaller than mine, but the M&P features 3 three replaceable grips in small, medium and large. The recoil is low and it's easy to sight. For a large-frame pistol, this is one smooth-shooting firearm that your teenagers will love to shoot. You can pick this one up for under $500, and with the extra grips, it will grow with them into adulthood.

Note: Some states may not allow the 17-round capacity magazines, so check your state and local firearms laws just to make sure before buying. This is a serious gun.

Okay, so those are my kid's picks for Christmas gifts....


--recommendation #5 from Skip Coryell's "Five Best Youth Guns For Christmas," HumanEvents.com, 12/14/10, recommended by Mike Stollenwerk, gun right columnist at Examiner.com; photo via Smith & Wesson

Wow. Well, with that I'm out of here until January 1, pleased to know that at least some of America's future grown-up patriots will be strapped before they can legally vote, drink, or drive. (Oh, and gun fans can relax even more, because President Obama's nominee to head the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms wasn't confirmed in the lame duck, so we can assume that he'll never be confirmed. But that's OK because, after the last GOP-controlled Congress subjected this position to Senate approval, in 2006, no ATF head has been approved -- that is, not even George W. Bush's pick. Ah, but I'm sure President Palin won't have this problem, and after sailing through the approval process, ATF Director Ted Nugent will do a bang-up job.)

Where was I? Oh yeah -- have a great Christmas-or-whatever-the-hell-you-celebrate-or-don't-celebrate-or-already-celebrated. Zandar, I believe, will be doing some posting while I'm gone, and maybe Aimai, and maybe I'll even show up once or twice. (And I added Aimai's blog to the blogroll, along with the blog of Frank Chow. Go read.)

Thanks for reading, commenting, linking denouncing me as a hopeless sellout, and everything else you did this year. I'll be back for more before you know it. 'Bye!

No comments: